Favorite of 0 people
The Port Whitby fire station was built on this site in the early 1900s. It served as the fire station until 1958 after which it was used as a meeting hall by the Boy and Sea Scouts. Local residents disapproved of the closure of the fire station and staged a protest on May 25, 1958. The building has since been demolished.